Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Desire To Do Good



From Cambree King
Teaching in Honduras 



This week, we found a new investigator named Rosa. She is 14 years old, and like I have always said, there is power in children. She basically invited herself to church before we even mentioned anything and she showed up in a cute black and white dress and was so happy to be there. More than anything, I can tell that there is something extremely special about her. When you look at her, you can just feel the desire she has to do good. Her family is pretty wild and her mom is absolutely hilarious. She is so sweet and she is now preparing to be baptized. For some reason I feel like I know her, but really know her. They always say that sometimes that comes from friends we had in the pre-existence and I feel like it goes back to then. And like I said... poderoso ninos... it’s the way to go. Five of the investigators we brought to church are under the age of 18. Finally, Jeimy Astrid and Ivan came to church. We have been teaching them for several weeks now, but they finally came with us yesterday. They sure walked as slow as possible as they followed us there and walked in with forced smiles, but I know that they felt the spirit there. They are so sweet and I have come to love them so much.

....little funny story to make you laugh as you imagine it. We have to wash our clothes downstairs in a pila outside. On Saturday, we noticed a whole herd of giant ants. I have seen them before, but  I didnt think much of it. As I went over to start to wash, the ants attacked me...  literally attacked... I got bit a good 20 times and then we just ran. My companion went to get a chair so she could sit while I washed but as soon as she set it down we were both on top. In the middle of the night with only a flashlight surrounded by attacking ants. I’m sure it looked quite funny... the problem is I still had to rinse my clothes or rescue them. With both of us on the chair we hopped a couple yards over to the pila and iI  I quickly dumped a few buckets on my clothes and we headed out. It was quite a night of experiences but something fun to remember about life here in Honduras! Haha!