Sunday, June 21, 2015

I've Seen the Blessings...and it's Time I Recieve Them for Myself



From Cambree King
Teaching in Honduras 



Carmen, the girl who was confirmed last week, she is the one who didn’t go to work for food but went to Church. We were teaching her a lesson and her sisters as well. All of the children of that family are now members. Carmen’s mom, Jessica, actually gave us a little attention and listened in to what we were saying. We talked about prophets and Joseph Smith and living prophets today. Each of them started in with plenty of questions like, “What happens if the prophet dies?” or “How many prophets have there been?” Either way, Jessica was really interested in what we were saying. 

We were joking with her and asked her when she would make the decision to be baptized. She just looked at us and said, “You’re right... it’s something I need to do. I’ve seen the blessing that have come to my home and it’s time I receive them for myself.”

 We asked her if she would be baptized Saturday, July 4. She planned her baptism, but she wants it on a Sunday so she can just be baptized before church and then get confirmed. It was incredible. She has been visited by so many missionaries, but I guess that now is her time. It was incredible to see how feeling the Spirit and listening to the message of the Restoration can change the hearts of the people.