Sunday, March 27, 2016

Waiting for the Invitation



From Brooklyn Winn
Teaching in Argentina

I learned something this week. We saw this lady painting her house. We went over there to ask her if she need help and started talking. She asked me if us Mormons are all hermits and we are all to ourselves. I asked her what made her think that. She said, “Well, I have worked with people, I have seen missionaries walk by my house, but nobody has invited me to go to church or to a activity.”

 Sometimes people just need a invitation. We just have to ask them if they want to do things or not. Of course we invited her. Sometimes people just really want a invitation and sometimes they do not have the courage to say, “Hey, can I go with you to this?” Sometimes you have to ask,  “Hey, do you want to go with me?”  More than half the time they will say yes because they already want to go, they are just waiting for the invitation.