Sunday, February 15, 2015

I Felt Warm All Over My Body, Especially My Heart



From David and Viola Ricks
Teaching in Germany

 It has been a great week.  A Baptism!!!   The Baptism of Qian-Yun Huang!  She goes by Claire.  She is from Taiwan going to the University of Wurzburg.  She was baptized Friday night by Bishop Pfister.  It was a beautiful baptism and she is a clean, beautiful young woman.  The Elders tracted her out by door-knocking and have been teaching her for a long time.  She was a Buddhist---she went home in September and got permission from her parents to be baptized. Her grandma is completely against anything but Buddhism, but a cousin was baptized a while back in England and her parents thought it was okay. However, after she came back, she started to have doubts, her friends were against her Mormon ways and continually invited her to drinking parties, etc. Regular reading of the Book of Mormon, and a good Yot-Ah-Ay (initials for YSA) fellow-shipping her made all the difference.


Today she was confirmed.  After Sacrament Meeting, she wanted to tell me how she felt.  She has limited English---but very, very limited German. All of her lessons have been given in English.  She reads her scriptures in Chinese.  She said, "I want to tell you two words of how I felt. After I was baptized, I felt fresh. When I was confirmed I felt warm all over my body, especially my heart."  Nothing could have described those two ordinances better.   Before she was taught, she had never heard of Jesus Christ.  It’s just amazing how the truth rings true, and those who are prepared, know that Jesus is the Christ.  And to think that she found the truth in Germany!  The Lord works in mysterious ways.