Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I Had An Undeniable Feeling That We Had To Invite Her



From Cambree King
Teaching in Honduras



On Sunday, the elders in our district had a baptism and we really didn’t have any reason to go but they kept calling us and telling us to come. So, as it was starting, we headed to the church. A mototaxi offered us a ride and took us right up to the door of the church because it was pouring. But about a block before the church on the corner was an hermana that sells ojuelas (fried tortilla things) that I have seen several times. As I looked at her on the corner, I felt an undeniable feeling that we had to invite her. The baptism was waiting on us and it was pouring rain and I about didn’t go back. But I knew I couldn’t walk in without inviting her. The Elders came out to let us in and I just said, “You have to wait. Give me a minute,” and they kind of freaked out. But we went down and invited the hermana to come to the baptismal service. She didn’t even hesitate and came with us. I don’t know what difference it made in her life, but I know that she felt the Spirit and I am so grateful that I listened to the Spirit in that moment. Sometimes, we don’t understand why the Spirit tells us to do certain things,  but the Lord has a higher manner of thinking in all ways. 

On Tuesday, we went to contact a block close to our house. A week ago, we promised the Lord that we would be there at that time and that we would knock every door of the block. Of course we found some very interesting people, but the Lord blessed us with Mario and his two boys. Mario has heard of the church quite a bit in his life but i think that now is just his time. He has had a bit of alcohol in his life but he has decided that now is the time to leave it. In college, he was studying to be a sacerdote in the catholic church but got with the wrong group of friends and he said that it has changed his life. We invited him to commit to pray to know if he needed to listen to our message. The second time we went back he said that every single one of them had prayed about our message and that the answer was a clear yes that they needed to open the door to us. He claims it is a miracle that he even let us in the first time, but he has so much potential.