Sunday, February 21, 2016

No Doubt About It!






From Jonah Bench
Teaching in New York

So I had have had companions for the last six months of my mission who are struggling with obedience and motivation and desire. My current companion also struggles with obedience and diligence and is going home soon. He is my friend and I want him to have a good end to his mission. So the last four companions are struggling missionaries. I have been privileged to become a tool in the Lord's hand to help these missionaries. 

The last six months has been tough, I got sick from stress and that led to me having to go home to get my tonsils out. Now I'm back and the companions I have had are again those who need help. I have really loved seeing them change to become better! I have loved seeing the Atonement of Jesus Christ our Savior work in the lives of the missionaries I have worked with. I can't do squat on my own! I would be faced with concerns they have and things they need to talk about and have no idea how to approach it! But I'd say a quick prayer and then things would become clearer. I would be able to discern what they needed to hear. That is a testimony to me that the Lord will bless us with help and direction and what those around us need. I know this is the Lord's work. No doubt about it! Otherwise a bunch of 18-20 year old kids would have messed it up a long time ago!