Sunday, April 3, 2016

I Know He Lives!





Natalie Willes
Teaching in Arizona

I love Easter. It truly has become my favorite holiday. We have been blessed by the counsel and guidance of those who bore sure and true testimonies through the Atonement packet and through the scripture and the pageant. I'm certain that the Lord wanted me to come out on my mission at this time of year so that I could experience Easter in a new light. Last year I was confused and learning everything I thought I knew before over again as a new missionary. So I didn't really get too much out of Easter or the Easter pageant.  Even though I did gain some spiritual knowledge, it wasn't like this year. This year I wanted to get something out of Easter. I wanted to know the Atonement. I knew that my Savior is my best friend and that He loves me. Yes I knew that before, but not as I know now. I know that the Atonement is personal. I know my Savior lives, and that He died for me and all mankind. I know that I've found the most peace in my life through our Savior and his loving embrace. I'm so grateful for the things I've learned as a missionary. I'm eternally grateful.

This week was amazing because of the Easter pageant. I love it so much. One of my favorite observations about the pageant is the last two lines said in the ending acts. The last thing Jesus says when appears to his apostles and disciples, is "Peace be unto you." What a powerful last statement from our Savior. And the last thing uttered in testimony to all who are present, is "I know He lives." I just love it. It gave me chills every single time I heard it, but especially so the last night.