Sunday, June 26, 2016

I Know You From Somewhere!





From Jonah Bench
Teaching in New York, USA

Karen is an excommunicated member who recently got re-baptized! She was a drug addict, an alcoholic, a smoker, coffee drinker, and had three of her four kids out of wedlock with two different men. She's broken most of the commandments and, as a result, ended up in a really dark place. But one night she prayed for help and the missionaries stopped by the next day. She let them in and started taking the lessons. 

This was about the time I got transferred here and the first thing she said to me when I walked into her house was "I know you from somewhere!" There's no way I have met her on earth. But I very firmly believe that we were very close friends before this earth. She quit smoking, read the entire book of Mormon, quit coffee, kicked the people out of her life that were a bad influence, and completely changed to become ready for baptism. We went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead last Saturday and also went to the sacred grove. It was awesome! 

There may only be one person that you will find on your mission who you are able to see change. "But if ye should labor all your days and bring save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with them in the kingdom of my Father." It's true! Keep going!!