Monday, November 10, 2014

God's Love is Always There



From Trent Winn
Teaching in Michigan, USA

I  thought I would share a little message and testimony. I have experienced trial after trial out here on my mission, and one thing that brings me a lot of comfort is the scripture Doctrine and Covenants 58: 2-4.

2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.

 3 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.

 4 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.


I just want to say to anyone who is experiencing trials of any kind that God’s love is always there. He never leaves you. He knows what you are going through and He allows trials to come into our lives for our benefit and after much tribulation comes the blessings. I have found that the trials that I have gone through help build my character and strength and help me be more Christ-like. I like to think of it as a star. Stars and diamonds are born under immense pressure. The same thing can happen with us. We become like diamonds and our light shines more about us as we experience immense pressures and trials. We should never give up and never stop believing. I know that there is a God of love and that Jesus is the Christ, and that one day we can inherit all that He has. That is my prayer and testimony in His sacred name, Jesus Christ, amen.