Sunday, November 30, 2014

If We Ask in Faith



From Jamie Kloepfer
Teaching in Florida, USA

Serving a mission is truly life changing! And the greatest part of it all is to see others being changed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I couldn't ask for anything more:)! During this Thanksgiving season I want to especially show gratitude for a loving Savior who so willingly gave His life as a ransom for us. Serving a mission has brought about many opportunities for growth which I am certainly grateful for as well. I have never experienced something so exciting yet heartbreaking, joyous yet challenging. Though throughout it all I would not change this experience I am now having for anything! 

There was a day this last week towards the end of the evening where all of our appointments fell through. We were trying to decide quickly where we needed to be. Being somewhat new to the area I'm currently serving in, I was trying to think of any less active members that were near us. I had the thought to try and go see a family named the Armstrongs. We drove over to the street they lived on, and we parked the car to where I thought they lived. We got out of the car and approached the door and right as I knocked I looked at my companion and said "this isn't their house!" I felt somewhat embarrassed when a man opened the door and I actually started to laugh. I then said we are missionaries and we share a message about our Savior Jesus Christ. We talked briefly how families are very important. The man at the door completely agreed  with what we were saying and had us look into his house where his whole family was quietly sitting at the dinner table eating. He invited us to come in and before I knew it the little boy was running up to me with all of his batman toy figures wanting me to play with him. The family was very sweet and they all came over to the living room to hear us share with them the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I walked out of that appointment wondering if that actually happened:) it was absolutely incredible!  We had a church tour this last weekend and they came and asked many questions. Although the family is currently needing time right now to study about the Book of Mormon and know for themselves if this is true (Moroni 10:3-5) there is no doubt that God lead us to the wrong door that night to find the right people searching for truth. I know with all my heart that these people will find an answer to their sincere prayers.

 I know that our Heavenly Father answers all prayers if we ask in faith. I love this Gospel! It is indeed true and all of Gods children can come to know of it for themselves as well. I wish yall a Happy Thanksgiving this week! Remember to count your blessings:)

Love Sister Kloepfer 
Hoorah for Israel:)