Thursday, November 13, 2014

She Has So Much Happiness Now!



From Karsten Hinckley
Teaching in Thailand

This past week was really great! [I learned] that we need to be bold in our teaching, but not over bearing. Christ was bold, but He surely backed everything up with happiness. I know that I need to watch what I do and say every day in lessons, talking to members or just inviting. I need to take a step back and ask myself, “What would Christ ask this person or tell this person?”  I know I will try and be more Christ-like this week.


We met this girl about a month ago and she had some commandment problems, but we did not stress out about that. We supported this sister every day. We continued to teach and care. One month late, she got baptized. [The baptism was] this past Saturday and on Sunday she got the Holy Ghost. Her name is Nam. She has so much happiness now! From the first time we met to now you can see how this gospel has changed her and brought so much happiness into her life. I am so happy for this sister and her willingness to change and follow the Savior! I will strive myself to follow the Savior and help others know what He has in store for them. A goal this week I made was to invite all the homeless and needy who are begging for money to come to church. I think of Amos 3:6 I believe it is where it says, gold and silver have I none but what I have I will give thee. I know this is something that Christ would do and I know it is what one of the Apostles did. So I am going to try and do it every day. I challenge you all to try it yourself it if is possible.