Sunday, July 12, 2015

When Do I Get To Serve Like You Guys?



From Karsten Hinckley
Teaching in Thailand 


Sundays are great days! We had two baptisms yesterday and it was great to hear and feel of their testimonies! Both of the people that got baptized were referrals from recent converts.

[One of the people who was baptized was a] boy about my age. When asked why he wanted to learn he said," I want to be closer to God." As we taught this boy he gained a testimony of what we were teaching. One day after teaching he said," Elder, so when do I get to serve like you guys?" I was so happy to hear that! He knows what he needs to do. I told him that he had to wait a year after he had been a member. He was asking us all sorts of questions. “How are you going to visit all the people that you help teach? When do you get to see your mom? What is missionary service like?” He asked a lot of questions. I was so happy for this boy! 

When he bore his testimony after he was baptized, I was happy to hear the words that came out of his mouth! "If there are any of you how haven’t been baptized, I suggest that you learn about it and give it a try. I felt so good after I came out of the water and I knew that I was clean." He is a great guy and will be a solid member of the church! 

I can testify that after hard work and all that you can do the Lord will bless you! I know that you won’t find someone every single week who is ready, but as long as you give the effort the blessing will come. The Lord knows all that you are doing and everything you are giving so don’t forget that. I know that I can’t speak well nor understand all, but I know that those who are prepared will hear and listen. It is my prayer that my friends who are missionaries all over the world find success and help that one person!