Sunday, August 16, 2015

Ready to Go at a Moment's Notice





From Karsten Hinckley
Teaching in Thailand 

This week was a great week of learning, applying, teaching and serving! Elder Polu and I had a great week of serving and teaching. There is a small family in our ward here who just isn’t doing the best. It is a mom and two sons. We were at Book of Mormon class this week when we got a call. It was the mom telling me that her son went to the hospital. I asked, "Sister what do you want me to do? If you want me to come I will come." She said, “Ill call you back if I need anything.”  I told her not to feel bad if she needed up to come.

So we went on with our class and I get a call about 10 minutes later: "Elder I need you to come now!" I looked at Elder Polu and said, “We have to go now.” We got on our bikes and road to the hospital which was about 14 minutes away in about 5 minutes.

The woman’s  other son ran to the front counter to get us and we ran to the mom and other son. She asked us to give her son a Priesthood blessing. We gave the little boy a blessing. Did the best we could to comfort the mom and we left.

The next morning we get a call from the sister in our ward again. "Elder I need you to come to the hospital and give my other son a blessing." We got on our bikes and road to the hospital again. We bought food for the family before we went in. We gave the other son a blessing. To our surprise the boy who we gave the blessing to the night before was up walking around. The other son was given a blessing and we went on our way. That was all we could do. These two boys were very sick and I know that the Lord, through us using our priesthood, was able to heal the both of them. I was ready to go at a moment’s notice.

We need to be ready to move, make a decision on a moment’s notice. Sometimes we don’t have time to waste. Things need to get done and what are you going to do? I know that the Lord puts us in situations that will help us grow. All I know is that I am doing the best that I can do.