Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Sweet Feeling of Peace and Joy Came Over Me



From Karsten Hinckley
Teaching in Thailand 

When your investigators finds out for themselves that what you have been teaching is true, you get a sign of relief. That happened this last week. Last Monday we met with Sister You-Gee. We have been teaching her for over a month now. We told her that we would watch the Restoration video with her the week before, but never got to it. We got to it Monday though. After watching the video she told us, "Mormon is true. I felt it myself - the Mormon is true." A sweet feeling of joy and peace came over me and I was just so happy! She went on to tell us that every time she comes to church she feels great! After she told us these things I then asked, "What's next?" She said, “I have to keep the commandments." That is what I like to hear. She doesn’t have a baptismal date yet, but we are still working on that. It's not when we want it, it's when she wants it. I love my missionary experiences! 

… This last Saturday we started our fast like normal. I fasted for our investigators and for miracles. We didn’t think that any of our investigators would show up today because they told us that they couldn’t make it. Some of our investigators came today and together with the sisters we had ten investigators at church!! Yeah!! The sisters had a baptism today which was great and their investigator asked me if I would baptize her. I thought, “Well, she doesn’t even know me. Okay, well if this is what she wants, okay.”  So yesterday I baptized someone! Also we had about six less active members  return to Church! One of the less active brothers was given the priesthood as well, which was awesome! 

… I am seeing so many miracles just about every day! The Lord works in mysterious ways!!