Tuesday, December 16, 2014

All We Have To Do Is Act

















From Bralan Bean
Teaching in Peru


This past Tuesday we had changes here in our mission ....before changes we decided that we wanted to go to Polvo Azules which is where you can buy clothes, shoes, cameras or whatever for really cheap. Anyway, we were there looking for a camera for Elder Gonzalez. As we were looking, I saw that a shoe store had a lot of Jordans that are really hard to find in the United States, so of course Ii had to check it out. They were really Jordans, [they]  just had a little flaw and that is why this store had them. We looked for a while, gave her a pamphlet, and then left. As we left to go look at other things, I told my companion that we should go back to the store to see if we can get her to give us a deal on these shoes. So we went back. and when we did she explained to us that the things we had told her and the pamphlet we gave her really had an impact on her. Then she told us that the night before she had a dream where she was in a font of water, she was fully submerged, and in this dream she saw two young kids wearing suits, that looked just like us. Elder Gonzalez put his hand on my shoulder and said, “Well hello, hermana, we are right here.” It was really funny, but she was definitely prepared by the Lord to hear our message.

Another experience I had ....We were playing soccer as a district, I saw a kid a little ways off playing basketball. I went over and started to play with him, got to know him, shot around, and then I started to talk to him about the gospel. He is currently looking for a church; he wants a better relationship with God. He asked how he could be a part of our church, and why baptism is important. I took him off to the side; we sat down, and I taught him about the restoration, invited him to baptism, and he accepted. He as well does not live in our area, but in the end I was an instrument in God’s hands. He knows I like to play ball, [so] He put me in the position to where I could use my talents to bring to pass His purpose. God will place people in front of us. He knows how and where and when we can help people, all we have to do is act.