Monday, March 9, 2015

A Front Row Seat for the Miracle Theater

From Rachel Weeks
Teaching in Georgia, USA


First off, I just need to start with  little funny story that happened last Monday. It was all sunny outside and we have to clean our car every week, so we took it through the car wash. But the guy working there said that we aren't allowed to go through with a bike rack on the car.. So we gave him the key and the wrench and, after about 10 minutes of him struggling and me holding up a whole line of cars sitting there, he had me pull over and asked if I knew how to do it. Well, I looked down at myself in a skirt and said, "Well, I have done it before but it has been a while." He proceeded to tell me that I was using the wrench wrong and tightening it instead of taking it off. After a couple minutes he walked away and I tried it the other way again and what do ya know? Sister Weeks in a skirt and using the wrench the right way got it off. :) YAY! I will try really hard to not be prideful. :)

There is a lady named Mary that we have been teaching. She was taught by sisters in the past, but took a little break. She is amazing. She is one of the most Christlike people ever! She does so much to try to help other people and she knows that what she is getting at her church right now is not fulfilling her.  She said that many people she knows wear a brand of Christianity and do not truly try to be Christians. Her husband said, “You can go [to the LDS Church], but I won't be going with you.” He isn't against her doing it, he just won't come. But she came to church today and she even commented in Relief Society!


Angela is a recent convert in the ward and we are teaching her son Guillermo and his father Guillermo (but mostly he is being taught by the Spanish Elders, but I have learned a lot of new Spanish words recently being around him. :) YAY!) [This family is] amazing! The miracles that have been taking place in their lives in the past few weeks blows me away. It shows me how much God loves all of his children and if He wants something to happen, He doesn't waste anytime for it. I love having a front row seat in the miracle theater, the best one of all. :)



You can read more of Rachel's experiences at http://sisterweeksgeorgiapeach.blogspot.com/