Monday, March 16, 2015

Building The Kingdom in Honduras

From Cambree King

Teaching in Honduras

Well.... I survived... I have completely gotten a piece of cow intestine through my stomach and I am still living. Pops asked me about the food last week - yesterday we got a famous Honduran dish called sopa de mondongo. And yes... mondongo is cow intestine but don’t worry... Profa linda, the cook, assured us that cow intestine is sanitary because they only eat plants and they keep throwing up and eating the same thing again. I know that is not very pleasant, but imagine someone explaining that to you as you have a bowl of it in front of you that you have to eat. When she left the room I did slide two pieces in a napkin and put it in my backpack to go... for the garbage but hey, I tried it and I survived!

 We are teaching a little boy named Michael. He is eight years old and here in our district we have a joke about all the poderoso ninos! Kids just seem to understand the gospel and have such a desire to put it into practice. Maybe it’s because they just recently came from living with Father in Heaven but either way, there is something incredible about children. He is getting baptized this weekend and we are so excited for him. There is a member named Isabell who was baptized just a few months ago, but she basically claims all the neighborhood children as her own. When she arrives at church, over half the primary comes with her. She is so sweet and has an admirable love for kids. We visit her often and she makes our day.